For our May 2022 Popup Activation we would like to introduce to our Workshop Tutor:
Wendy lives on the Central Coast and has been an avid crafter for over 30 years. In that time she has learned a wide range of crafts including wet felting, needle felting, crochet, toymaking, floristry, collage, and macrame.
Wendy is an accomplished felt maker and has received a number of awards from the Royal Easter Show, the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show, the Bathurst Fibre Muster and the Wangaratta Stitched Up Festival.
Felt is a non-woven fabric created from unspun wool. Felt making is an ancient craft that predates all other fibre arts, including spinning, weaving, knitting and crochet. Wendy likes to push the boundaries of this craft by combining time-honoured feltmaking techniques with modern inventions such as the felting needle, to craft a wide range of 2D and 3D creations.
Wendy draws most of her inspiration from the Australian landscape and often incorporates seedpods, shells and other materials from nature in her felted creations. Wendy loves sharing her passion for and knowledge of crafts with others and started teaching craft to adults from her home studio in 2005. She was also the craft tutor at an adult education college from 2009 to 2014.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOPS
We are very lucky that Wendy is offering a variety of workshop classes for us during our Popup Event, please click on each of the workshops below for more information and to book.
- Introduction to Macrame – Coasters and placemats, Thursday 12 May 9:30-12:30pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
- Introduction to Macrame – Key rings, Thursday 12 May 1:30 – 3:30pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
- Introduction to Wet felting – Felted homewares, Thursday 19 May 9:30-12:30pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
- Introduction to Wet felting – Felted jewellery and accessories, Thursday 19 May 1:30 – 3:30pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
- Introduction to Needle Felting – Seascape picture, Thursday 26 May 9:30-12:30pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
- Introduction to Needle Felting – Cupcake pincushion, Thursday 26 May 1:30 – 3:30pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
- Crocheted bowls – Create 2 crocheted bowls using t-shirt yarn. Sunday 22 May 10:00 -1:00pm – MORE INFO & BOOKING
Wendy can be found at the below social media platforms please head on over and support Wendy with a follow:
MAY 2022 POPUP
To see more information about our Popup Event and other workshops and tutors available please see the main calendar page at the link below.