Coloured Pencil Workshop – Saturday 16th June 2018 – Ettalong NSW
Come along and learn coloured pencil techniques with Belinda for creating realistic drawings in pencil.
Beginners to Intermediates
Come along and learn coloured pencil techniques with me at Ettalong, Central Coast NSW.
In this workshop, we will cover:
- A general overview of coloured pencil art, including examples of Australian & International Pencil Artists, books etc.
- Overview on materials needed for coloured pencil art: differences in brands which ones to use, which papers, blending tools etc.
- Throughout the day there is a series of demonstrations and guided exercises specifically designed for you to learn the foundations of creating coloured pencil art and to put in practice fundamentals like : Strokes, Pressure, Layering, Values, Blending techniques, Colour Mixing.
- Tips and tricks to creating a cp artwork in Realism style and working with coloured pencils beyond a “sketching” format.
Some things others have said about this workshop:
“I was very happy with everything we covered in the workshop. Belinda has a very gentle teaching style and was very thorough regarding different types of pencils and media. I got a lot from this course.” – Sep 2016
“I enjoyed the whole process, even though I have been using colour pencils for a little while I found the tips and tricks great. “- March 2015
“Belinda was magic! Very easy going and relaxed approach which is great for people just starting out in CP Art.” – March 2015
“I was really impressed by Belinda – the teaching, presentation, resources and general ‘flow’ of the workshop was very inspiring. Belinda was very generous in sharing her knowledge and personal journal with colour pencils, she is a gifted and talented teacher and I look forward to another workshop.” – Feb 2015
- Saturday 16th June, 2018
- TIME: 9.30 to 3.30pm
- At Ettalong Arts and Crafts Center – See Website for location details
- $97 inc GST – Workshop Price Includes:
- Pencils for you to use on the day (BYO pencils as well if you have them already – Prismacolor, Fabercastell) – think about a pencil pack if you wish to have pencils for your own.
- All support materials such as papers, blending materials etc
- Reference materials / handouts for you to keep and to refer back to later.
- Access during the day to all of my resources, I bring along all my books, magazines and articles of interest for you to view during the day.
- Afterwards, access to my Private Facebook Mastermind group where you can ask questions and connect with other members of the workshop for when you go home and do your next artwork.
- Morning & Afternoon Tea & Coffee
- BYO Lunch, there is a refrigerator on site, the shops are 2 mins up the road by car. We will stop for about 40mins for lunch.
- BYO Pencil Sharpener, a ruler, lead pencil if you have one and drawing board (optional),
- I will have pencils & materials available for purchase on the day in a limited supply so if you require something specific please let me know.
- PARKING: There is generous free parking in the vicinity, on the corner of Picnic Parade & Maitland Bay Drive this is opposite the scout hall, in the small carpark attached to the oval.
- Maximum of 8 people to this class.
Things to know:
- You don’t need to know how to draw, this workshop is totally for beginners! If you DO know how to draw that’s ok too, we don’t cover “drawing” i bring along reference photos for you to work from so whatever your experience with drawing works in just fine – we learn pencil techniques NOT drawing techniques 🙂
- Majority of materials are included, you only need to bring a basic things and a drawing board (optional), I bring along all of my pencils, papers, other surfaces for you to work on. There are materials you can purchase on the day but its not required (I will send you out further information when you book). If you want you own pencils & a sharpener of your very own to take home with you consider purchasing a pencil pack with your workshop.
- We cover ALOT of information in these classes, these are Adults classes and NOT for children under 17yrs. We cover fundamentals and techniques in this workshop. I teach in a relaxed friendly environment, I also teach multiple ways to work with pencils not just my own personal style, so you will come away with a huge amount information and skills to use pencils in YOUR own way depending on what works for you!
Recommended Things for this workshop
- A good pencil sharpener – let me know if you wish for me to recommend one.
- Pencil Pack – includes 4 pencils that you can use on the day and take home to use later.
Please note: there is a minimum requirement of 5 people for this to commence, should I not receive this number 1 weeks prior to the event, you will be notified and your payments refunded. Refunds are not provided should you cancel within 1 week of the event (unless i can fill your spot). Should you cancel outside this time 50% will be refunded should it be within 3 weeks of workshop date (unless i can fill your spot) or you may receive credit for another workshop date.
CLOSING DATE FOR BOOKINGS is FRI 8 JUNE11.59PM
$97 inc GST including all materials and supports for the day.
To book your spot in this class please fill out the booking form by clicking the button below. Payments via Credit, Paypal or Bank Deposit are accepted.